Blackstarbikes, des vélos en bambou
15 mars 2015 par Annemarie Laarhuis
How we look at things
As a company we live up to three guidelines that somehow evolved organically during our holidays, business trips and – let’s be honest – some late night bar hopping:
- The first – and most important one – is to deliver you a truly unique, well-designed product of excellent quality. A product you can proudly incorporate into your daily activities.
- Second, we like to co-produce our products with the people who live closest to the raw materials. This way profit is shared more equally across the production chain, so we all get richer, instead of just us. We think that’s fair.
- Thereto we like to push ourselves to explore new ways of production, discovering new techniques and uses for unconventional materials. This may lead to terrible headaches and the occasional crying ourselves to sleep at night, but it also brings us unique, inspiring products and a reward no money can buy.
No easy guidelines. But we think business would be boring without them.
Our reason for being
It’s our mission to inspire you with unique, well-designed, high-end products for everyday use. Manufactured in places where you thought they only grew bananas.
Transparency towards sustainability
Talking big about being sustainable is still most common these days in business. Being transparent about where the profit goes across the production chain is more rare. We believe that only by showing these money flows, our efforts in sustainable development can be justified.
Pour 59 € vous avez votre logo sur le Vélo.....
How will it look?
How will it look? Your company logo on a head-turning BlackStar bamboo bike? Pretty cool, we guess. Unless maybe your company name is Gazelle. Or Giant. Or Schwinn…
Your bamboo bike as a bill-board
You can print your logo and name on a bamboo plaque. This way your company will get more attention than its probably good for. So if your company wants to work on its coolness, let’s talk, for 59 € you have your logo on the bike.
Download the BlackstarBikes brochure (Dutch)
Your bamboo bike as a good investment
- A bamboo bike is the perfect conversation starter. Since most responsible companies also use recycled paper, you need to go a little bit further to set your company apart from the others. A bamboo bicycle is a good start
- Did you know employees who go to their work on a bike are less often absent than an employees who take the car or a scooter? Fact.
- Bamboo can absorb as much as 1,2 tonnes of carbon dioxide per 10 square meters per year, where as the production of 1 ton steel leaves the world with the incredible amount of 480 kilo of carbon dioxide. So do yourself a favour…